East Lyme Youth Basketball Coaches Code of Conduct
All coaches pledge to be responsible for your words and actions while attending or participating in East Lyme Youth Basketball (ELYB) activities by conforming behavior to this Code of Conduct. Coach conduct is a reflection upon our program and our community.
• I understand that it is a privilege to participate in East Lyme Youth Basketball, and with this privilege I must be responsible for my actions.
• I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and club representatives at all times.
• I will demand and honor that all players, coaches, officials, volunteers and spectators are treated with respect regardless of race, gender, creed or ability.
• I will never ridicule or berate others for a mistake or losing.
• I will respect the officials and their authority.
• I will respect the ELYB Executive Board member’s decisions and I will listen to and follow their direction.
• I will not engage in the use of profanity, obscene language or improper actions.
• I will treat my opponent with respect in the same manner I would want to be treated.
• I will learn and respect the rules of the game.
• I will refrain from the use of alcohol and tobacco products at all ELYB activities.
• I have read and understand the information included in the Concussion Awareness fact sheet(s) from the https://www.cdc.gov/headsup website.
I have read and understand the above Code of Conduct, and agree to abide by its guidelines at all ELYB activities. I also acknowledge that failure to follow these guidelines will result in action that may include suspension or termination from coaching now and in the future, as well as removal from any and all ELYB activities now or in the future.